The Explora 5Terre bus system offers a great alternative to the other transport options in the Cinque Terre (see my previous post which explains Explora in greater detail here). Explora currently shuttles passengers from La Spezia to as far as Vernazza (and vice-versa), with plenty of stops in between where passengers can hop on & off. Keep in mind that the Explora bus does not travel to Monterosso (as the road between Vernazza and Monterosso is currently closed).
Explora will be kicking off its 2017 peak-season schedule on April 7th and will run 7 days a week through the end of September.
Keep in mind that the asterisk (*) denotes which corsa will run only on the dates mentioned in the light green box at the bottom of the schedule.
In comparison with last year (which was Explora’s first year of operation), more stops have been added to the line (the service is continually evolving to better meet the needs of passengers).
- Unlimited day pass (hop on & off as much as you please): €22
- Reduced rate unlimited day pass for kids (age 4-11 years): €17
- Afternoon pass (unlimited on & off after 1pm): €17
- Explora Plus (an unlimited day pass for those staying in authorized accommodation in the Cinque Terre or for those who have purchased either the Cinque Terre Card or the Cinque Terre hiking pass): €18.50
- Explora one-way pass (hop on and and ride through as far as the end of the line): €10
- Explora simple ticket (hop on in one village and hop off in the next): €5
BONUS: Starting in early June, the unlimited passes will include an audio guide (available in five languages: English, French, Spanish, German & Italian). Keep in mind that a refundable deposit will be required for the audio guide to ensure its safe return. In alternative, there will be the possibility to purchase one to take home with you as a souvenir.
How to purchase your Explora 5Terre tickets
Explora’s website www.explora5terre.it has recently relaunched its e-commerce platform so that passengers can purchase their tickets online in advance (at the moment, only the day passes can be purchased online). In alternative, all ticket types can be purchased at any Cinque Terre National Park Info Point (credit cards accepted) or directly on the bus (cash only).
Are you planning on being in Cinque Terre prior to the kickoff of the April 7th schedule? Here’s the limited schedule that is currently in effect but keep in mind that the buses run ONLY for the dates indicated (March 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th 27th and 31st):